On the day
SATURDAY 29TH APRIL
The Carnival is a day of fun for everyone, celebrating the beauty and vitality of the River Wye and the life that it brings to the city of Hereford.
It has been so successful since its return in 2014, after a 40 year absence, that the organisers expect there to be even more than the 12,000 people and over 130 local groups involved last year will take part in 2017.
The main Carnival with its street carnival, amazing giant puppet creations, food, drink, music and floats on the Wye will take place on Saturday 29th April 2017.
Highlights for 2017 include:
- 10am Fun dog show on Castle Green
- 11am Carnival of Sport begins on King George V Playing Fields
- 11.15am CHAR sprint race on the Wye
- 12.30 Nozstock Stage on Castle Green
- 1.00pm Street Carnival (Castle Green, St Ethelbert Street, St. Owens Street, High Town, Broad Street, King Street, over Old Wye Bridge to Bishops Meadow – Please see carnival map for more details.
- 2.15pm River Carnival procession.
- 3.30pm City of Hereford Rotary Club charity duck race
All times are approximate. Watch this page or listen to announcements on the day for exact times
Mappa Mundi: Out of the Museum and Into the Streets – Friday 28th April 2017 – 8pm – 11pm
New for 2017, A theatrical spectacular with a performance through the streets of Hereford from the Cathedral and onto Bishop’s Meadow. See creatures from the City’s iconic Mappa Mundi come to life in the streets and in a torch-lit procession down the River Wye.